The appellate advocacy team at Murtha Cullina has an in-depth understanding of procedural, philosophical and policy concerns that shape appellate court decisions. Our appellate lawyers have litigated numerous appeals in the state and federal appeals courts at all levels in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York. Many of our lawyers have served as judicial clerks to state and federal appeals judges, bringing to each case appellate perspective and insight.
Our services include:
- Representation of appellees seeking to protect favorable decisions
- Representation of appellants seeking to overturn adverse decisions
- Litigation strategy consultation with trial lawyers to preserve issues for appeal
- Appellate consultation for attorneys pursuing appeals
- Representation of industry groups seeking to comment on important legal issues through amicus curiae (friend of the court) briefs
If you would like assistance with an appellate matter please contact our appellate practice group chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With more than 100 attorneys in six offices throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts and New York, Murtha Cullina LLP offers a full range of legal services to meet the local, regional and national needs of our clients. Our practice encompasses litigation, regulatory and transactional representation of businesses, governmental units, non-profit organizations and individuals. Core practice areas include litigation, insurance recovery, labor and employment, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, construction, energy, health care, trusts and estates, affordable housing, real estate, land use and retail and hospitality.
Murtha Cullina LLP is the exclusive member firm in Connecticut for Lex Mundi – the world’s leading network of independent law firms with in-depth experience in 100+ countries worldwide.
As part of the Lex Mundi global network, we can provide our clients with preferred access to more than 21,000 lawyers around the world – all from a single point of contact.